Holiday In The Park has begun at select Six Flags parks throughout the country. Six Flags has extended the Holiday In The Park event to Six Flags Great Adventure this year and it has opened to stellar reviews. The event is also held at other parks including: Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Mexico, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Here are some key facts about the event:
- Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ) will debut festive shows, more than one million LED lights, and Santa Claus will debut. Other experiences include: Poinsettia Peak, Polar Point, Gingerbread Junction, and Joy to the World. Select rides from Batman: The Ride to Nitro, Superman: Ultimate Flight and The Green Lantern will operate weather permitting.
- Six Flags Over Georgia (Austell, GA) continues their annual event with many festive lights, limited rides operating, and shows for enjoyment. Other experiences include: Peppermint Plaza, The North Pole, Snowy Main Street Christmas, walk through mistletoe tunnel, and Retro Christmas USA.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, CA) continues to showcase their event with many holiday traditions. The many experiences that will continue include: Holiday Square, Snowy nights, Winter Wonderland, Rockin’ Universe, and Looney Tunes meet and greet. The park will also have their rides open for your enjoyment.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, CA) will get you into the holiday spirit as they continue to deliver many experiences for you to enjoy. There will be rides available (weather permitting) for you to enjoy, or you can experience the many other attractions. The many experiences include: Six Flags Dazzle, Life Size Snow Globe, ToyLand, Main Street festival of lights, Carol Kringle’s Karaoke, Clydesdale Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides, and much more.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, TX) continues to expand each year and are delivering some new experiences this year. You can experience the New Holiday Express, New The Singing Saps, Majesty of Christmas, Santa’s Castle, My Christmas Card to you, and many more.
- Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, TX) has many exciting shows, attractions, and experiences for you to enjoy. You can experience Holiday Tree of Trees spectacular, A personal visit to Santa’s workshop, The frosty snowhill, Live and local unplugged, All I want for Christmas, Honky Tonk Christmas, and many more.
- Six Flags Mexico (Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico) invites you to experience “Christmas in the Park” and create new memories during the holidays. There are many experiences to celebrate on from Christmas night show in the chinese theatre, Magic light parade, and a few upcharge experiences from creating a snowman, to a snow ball fight.
Arbor tunnel lights
Peppermint Path Gingerbread Junction
Take a stroll over Six Flags Over Georgia Holiday In The Park
Courtesy: Six Flags Over Georgia
Planning a visit?
Please check with your local park for hours or availability. The event runs until Jan. 3 on select nights, and Santa Claus heads back to the North Pole on Dec. 25. There are packages available in advance if you wish to have photos with Santa or other treats.
About Six Flags:
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Logo and image credits:
Logo courtesy of Six Flags
Feature image courtesy of Six Flags
Article prepared by: Brian Mitchell – Site Operator / The Amusement Wire
Disclaimer: The Amusement Wire is not affiliated with the park or attraction mentioned in this article. All photos and video are courtesy of the individual parks or outlets and used for publicity reasons. The Amusement Wire does not own the rights to photos or video used unless otherwise noted.